How To Live Fearlessly: 4 Tips

Fearless is a word that you can see stamped on a bracelet, stenciled on a mug, painted on a canvas or printed on a shirt, just to name a few. Fearless is a very popular word that is used in quotes, book titles, song titles, motivational speeches, and Instagram inspirational posts. But what does it mean and what does it look like to be fearless or live a fearless life?

For me, fearless is not the absence of fear, it is having fears but fearing less and less each day. It is having doubts and being afraid, but choosing to live a fulfilled life in spite of my fears. I am no different than the next person. I have fears, tons of them, some so great that they have caused me to make decisions that could have cost me my life.

After facing some very fearful moments in my life, I have chosen to live more of a fearless life, than a fearful life. There are four ways in which I practice (every day) to live a fearless life. By being fearlessly grateful, fearlessly forgiving, fearlessly trusting, and fearlessly courageous.

Fearlessly Grateful:

I have experienced extreme highs and lows in my professional and personal life. Through it all my foundation in Christ has helped me through it. In the moments when I am at my lowest I remember the scripture 1 Thessalonians 5: 16 - 18 which instructs us to rejoice, pray and be thankful in all circumstances. It reminds me that even when things are not going according to plan or a situation has turned things upside down, I have to rejoice in the blessings that I have been given in life and have a grateful heart through it all. I am fearlessly grateful.

Fearlessly Forgiving:

I was raised in a very religious home and my parents sheltered us from most things that they considered worldly. We did not date, watch television, wear pants to name a few of the things we were not allowed to do. As a result, I had no framework for how to have a relationship with the opposite sex. I did not know how to recognize the signs of a bad relationship and as a result I spent the bulk of my young adult life in and out of abusive relationships. After a failed marriage I was so scorned I wrote off relationships altogether and decided to live this life as a single woman. I couldn't forgive the men that had abused me and I definitely did not know how to forgive myself for allowing myself to be caught in these types of relationships. Colossians 3:13 actually helped me to heal and forgive all my past partners and myself. This scripture tells us, no matter what the grievance is that we have with another person, you have to forgive them just as Christ forgave us. After forgiving, I was able to open my heart up again and I have spent the last 7 years with my best friend, my soulmate, my lover, partner, and my husband. It is truly a beautiful life I never imagined. Forgiving is MUCH easier said than done, but I am practicing this scripture daily so that I can continue to forgive and forgive fearlessly.

Fearlessly Trusting:

January 1, 2017 I found myself in the ER about to undergo emergency surgery. Just to put this into perspective, I had avoided having the surgery I needed for 2+ years due to fear of dying. I was convinced, out of fear, that I would never wake from the anesthesia. But due to a fibroid twisting on its stalk (and cutting off blood circulation) and dying in my body, I was forced to face my fear of surgery or face even greater consequences. I remember talking to God as the anesthesiologist prepared me for surgery. At that moment, I made my peace and I told God, I trust you, with my whole heart. As I drifted off to sleep I quoted Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me. Sure enough, God was with me. Minus 1 appendix and 18 fibroids (removed via a myomectomy) I woke up a few hours later full of trust in God. Each day I am learning more and more to trust more of Him, and fear less. Fearlessly trusting is not an easy task for me, but each day, I trust more and more.

Fearlessly Courageous:

Social media has both encouraged and discouraged many of us. Often we look at the lives of others on social media and judge ourselves, compare ourselves, and get so defeated thinking that we don't measure up. That we are not good enough, popular enough, not doing enough and/or not where we need to be in life. I myself have compared myself, doubted myself, and felt as though my business did not measure up to others on social media. Sometimes we are even attacked on social media and the idea of community over competition is forgotten. In all of this, I remember the courage that I have in God. The courage to self evaluate and correct the things I need to correct to grow my self and not concern myself with others. The courage to spread love and empowerment to others so that we all succeed. The courage to leave positive comments and spread inspirations, even on the days that I, myself, am not feeling my best. The courage comes from knowing that whatever is for me, if I work for it, will be for me. The courage to know that no matter where I am, in person or on social media, God is with me Joshua 1:9.

In all of this, I have chosen to face fears and fear less and be fearless.

inspirational mantra bangle expressions bracelets
$12.95 + Free Shipping

We want to know what areas are you fearless in? Leave a comment below with the answer or just say Hi! Subscribe to the blog to know when our next blog post is released.

Until next time ladies,

Blessings, Peace and Love!


Comments

Popular Posts